Monday, July 11, 2011

DIY Frame Wall

I subscribe to apartment therapy blog and have seen frame wall art done several different ways. I have wanted to do this project for awhile but I could not decide on a color scheme. I decided to base the living room off the shag rug carpet (which is multi thread shades of sage and cream). I bought the frames from thrift stores. I then Spray painted them all with white primer let set for about 30-45 minutes and then sprayed two coats of color indoor/outdoor spraypaint.

I plan on extending the frame wall as I find more frames. I haven't decided to leave them as is or put black and white photos inside the frames. Decisions, decisions. I can deal with the way they are for now. :)




5 comments:

Blytheponytailparades said...

Too fun! This looks great! :) I was planning to do this in my office as well!!! I have about 5 frames that I am going to do a color scheme with and either leave them empty or put fabric in the frame.

The Veda House said...

Absolutely love the colors and simplicity! Looks really nice in the room.

Sandi D said...

Love the colors too! And I love how you've arranged them together on the wall.

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic. I really love old frames. I've been trying to find some lately to put fabric in. A frame wall is a brilliant idea, and I love that your frames are empty.

eclecticprocrastination.blogspot.com

xx

Lindsey Burrows said...

Anna, you are such a pro! You can be my decorator any day!